Here, you are urged and encouraged to run your mouths about something important.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Donald Trump's Abortion Problem

Business tycoon and staunch capitalist Donald Trump is apparently running for president of the United States. His success, his background, and his message are all resonating with many on the right as capitalism itself is under attack; he's one of its biggest proponents. However, if he has even the slightest chance of winning the nomination, it will have to come with a Road to Damascus experience on abortion. So far, it looks like he's simply being political in appealing to social conservatives.

Via CNS News:
Before Trump entered the ballroom at the Marriott Wardman Hotel to speak, CNSNews.com asked him, “Do you think your pro-choice stance will affect your run for president of the United States?”

“Who said I’m pro-choice?” Trump replied before being pulled away by handlers.

In his 2000 book, The America We Deserve, Trump said, “I support a woman’s right to choose, but I am uncomfortable with the procedures."

On Nov. 18, 2010, ABC’s George Stephanopoulos asked Trump, “Are you pro-choice?”

Trump said, “I am -- well, I don't want to discuss right now, but you will be shocked when I give you that answer. … Well, you will be very surprised when I give you -- I'm going to make a decision [about running for president]. And when I make a decision I'll let you know about that. But, I think you'll probably be surprised.”

Then, in an interview yesterday with talk-radio host Laura Ingraham, Trump said, “I am pro-life.”
Trump knows he needs the social conservatives to get any traction. Indications are that's why his position on abortion appears to be more than just slightly malleable. In the past, someone like him might be able to massage his message enough to satiate the conservative base. Not today, however. the Tea Party is too politically savvy to fall for it.

Sorry Donald. Damascus is this way.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet you don't even know what the term "malleable" means, or its origins. And don't look it up wikipedia oh slayer of the slander.

John Vandivier said...

Who is this "L" guy? Barrack used the term perfectly.

I would think long and hard before I cast a vote for Trump though.

Accuracy in Media
American Spectator
American Thinker
Big Government
Big Journalism
Breitbart
Doug Ross
Drudge
Flopping Aces
Fox Nation
Fox News
Free Republic
The Hill
Hope for America
Hot Air
Hot Air Pundit
Instapundit
Jawa Report
Jihad Watch
Mediaite
Michelle Malkin
Naked Emperor News
National Review
New Zeal Blog
NewsBusters
Newsmax
News Real
Pajamas Media
Politico
Powerline
Rasmussen
Red State
Right Wing News
Say Anything
Stop Islamization of America
Verum Serum
Wall Street Journal
Washington Times
Watts Up With That
Web Today
Weekly Standard
World Net Daily

Blog Archive